The Scottish Government is providing scholarship opportunities for young women from disadvantaged backgrounds to study at Masters Level in Pakistani Universities and is delighted to be supporting this scheme which is helping women in Pakistan achieve their potential and ambitions, helping to build a secure future for themselves and their families.
British Council Pakistan will administer the scheme in Pakistan and directly coordinate with the selected scholars and universities.
Pakistan Scottish Scholarship Scheme will facilitate award-holders with the following incentives:
- Tuition fee for Masters’ courses
- University hostel costs
- Subsistence to the award holder
- In case of a hostelite; travel to and from home to university three times a year
The scholarship will cover a Master’s degree at any HEC-recognised university of Pakistan in one of the following subject areas:
- Sustainable Energy
- Food Security and Agriculture
- Health Sciences
The following criteria must be met to be considered eligible for the scholarship:
- Only female applicants can apply
- Applicant should be a Pakistani national, currently residing in Pakistan
- Undertaking a one or two-year Masters’ programme only
- Applicant should hold a confirmed offer from a HEC-recognised university in Pakistan
HOW TO APPLY:
- Applying online:
The online application form can be found and submitted here.
- Applying via courier:
Completed applications should be sent via courier to the British Council Islamabad office at the following address:
Pakistan Scottish Scholarships Scheme British Council Pakistan PO Box 1135, Islamabad
Last date to submit the application is 30 September 2015.
Women from religious minorities and with disability are encouraged to apply.
Leave a Reply