Higher Education Commission Sector H-9 Pakistan
Scholarships for University of Cambridge 90% Overseas Scholarships Fall 2015
Applications are invited from outstanding Pakistani nationals for the award of PhD scholarships, jointly funded by HEC and Cambridge Commonwealth Trust (CCT), for University of Cambridge, UK. The scholarships will be awarded for academic session starting Fall 2015.
1. Pakistani nationals
2. Candidates must have minimum sixteen years of education
3. Maximum two second divisions throughout the academic career
4. Maximum age on Friday May 15, 2015:
a. 40 years for full time regular faculty members of public sector Universities/Colleges and employees of the public sector R&D organizations
b. 35 years for all others
5. Applicants need to have minimum cumulative 50% academic marks as per HEC Academic Evaluation Formula (HEC-AEF). The HEC-AEF is available at HEC website.
6. Applicants must have secured admission into a PhD programme in the University of Cambridge for Fall 2015 session. However Master’s Admission in the University of Cambridge will only be accepted if it is required for the PhD.
7. The candidates who are already availing any other scholarship are not eligible to apply.
Following documents are required to be submitted along with the prescribed application form:
1. Photocopy of confirmed admission letter for PhD or Master’s leading to PhD Programme at the University of Cambridge.
2. Attested photocopies of all educational testimonials by a gazatted Government office.
3. Attested photocopy of CNIC.
5. Attested photocopy of domicile.
6. Statement of Purpose for pursuing higher studies (max. 500 words).
7. Research Proposal.
8. Original online Deposit slip of Rs. 200/- (non-refundable) in favour of the Director General Finance, Higher Education Commission, H-9, Islamabad on account number 0112-00500119-01, HBL Aabpara Branch Islamabad as processing fee.
1. Scholarships will be awarded on open merit.
2. Scholarships are tenable in all fields of study except Agriculture Sciences, Chemistry and such fields for which clinical-rate fees are charged.
3. Candidates having direct admission into PhD will be preferred.
4. Funding for a maximum period of four years will be provided for higher studies leading to a PhD.
5. Awardees have to execute a bond with the HEC to sen/e in Pakistan for five years after completion of study, preferably in an institution of higher education.
6. Incomplete or applications received after due date will not be entertained.
7. In-service candidates should apply through proper channel.
For all details such as HEC-AEF, list of subjects, terms and conditions and the prescribed application form etc. please visit our website www.hec.gov.pk/ossphase2cambridge.
Application form, complete in all respects, should reach the undersigned latest by Friday, May 15, 2015 through registered mail or courier service. By hand applications will not be entertained.