Through Device Verification System (DVS) telecom consumers can verify authenticity of their mobile devices in line with PTA regulations via SMS to 8484 and to check the status of IMEI log on http://dirbs.pta.gov.pk or download DIRBS android mobile app form google and apple play store.
SMS Based Mobile Verification
- Go to messages
- Create a new message
- Type IMEI
- Send to 8484
To find mobile phone IMEI, dial *#06# on mobile dialer.
Online Mobile Device Registration System for International Travelers
- International passengers are required to register mobile device within 60 days from date of arrival in Pakistan.
- To avail baggage rule facility “1st free Device” in a calender year is only for International Traveler who travelled within 60 Days.
- If you have received a mobile device through courier from abroad, select user type “Courier Service (Mobile device received via Courier)”.
- If you receive SMS through 8484 that your mobile device IMEI is valid but not PTA approved/registered, select user type “International Traveler(To claim 1st free device)” or “Mobile Registration (To pay Duty TAX))”
- Please ensure to enter passport number on which you (passenger) has travelled, otherwise system will not recognize the entered passport data.
- Note: In order to obtain 15 digit IMEI, dial *#06# from dial pad of device.
- In case of dual or triple SIM devices, users need to register all IMEIs of that device.
- If you need any assistance, email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Register Mobile on PTA
- Log onto dirbs.pta.gov.pk/drs/
- go to Edit User Profile section and fill required personal information i.e. Name, Phone Number, CNIC, Passport Number, Email & Postal Address
- go to Individual/Personal COC section and and click on to Apply for COC
- provide your Contact Number and Select Number of SIM slots (IMEI) of Your Device
- select user type International Traveler (1st device FREE Registration / Avail baggage Rule)
- then click on Submit button
- Check your device status under My Applications tab
Mobile Registration Service Available at CMOs’ Franchise Centres
In order to facilitate consumers wanting to register their mobile devices’ IMEI, Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA) through Cellular Mobile Operators (CMOs) has made mobile registration service available at CMOs’ franchises nationwide. List of all franchises & customer service centres are available at: https://dirbs.pta.gov.pk/facilitation-center