How to Apply to the Graduate Program in Chemistry at the University of Rochester
Application Deadline: December 15, 2023
Application Fee: None
- Full tuition scholarships and living stipends are guaranteed for all chemistry graduate students.
- Professional development and travel allowance to present research at a scientific meeting is provided to entering students.
- Several merit fellowships are available to students at various times throughout their studies.
- The GRE is not required.
- The TOEFL or IELTS is required for applicants whose native language is not English.
Statement of Purpose:
- The required Statement of Purpose should explain why you are applying to the University of Rochester for graduate study, describe your research experiences, and state your future research goals.
- You should also indicate at least three faculty of interest as potential PhD advisors and provide detailed comments supporting your selections.
- Electronic copies of either unofficial or official transcripts are accepted.
Letters of Recommendation:
- You will need to provide the names and contact information for three recommenders, who will receive an email with instructions on how to upload their letters.
Equal Opportunity Policy:
- The University of Rochester provides equal opportunity in admissions and student aid regardless of race, color, creed, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, and national or ethnic origin.
Tips for Applying:
- Start early! The application process can take some time, so it’s important to start early and give yourself plenty of time to gather all of the required materials.
- Be sure to proofread your application carefully before submitting it.
- Ask for help from your professors, advisors, and other mentors. They can provide valuable feedback on your application materials and help you put your best foot forward.