The Germany Job Seeker Visa is a six-month visa that allows you to come to Germany and look for a job. It is a good option for skilled workers and professionals who want to move to Germany but don’t have a job offer yet.
Germany Job Seeker Visa Requirements and Eligibility
To be eligible for the Job Seeker Visa, you must meet the following requirements:
- You must have a valid passport.
- You must have a university degree or equivalent qualification.
- You must have at least two years of work experience.
- You must have at least €2,160 in your bank account.
- You must have health insurance.
- You must have a basic level of German language proficiency (at least B1 level CEFR).
To apply for the Job Seeker Visa, you will need to submit the following documents to the German embassy or consulate in your home country:
- A completed visa application form
- Your passport
- Proof of your qualifications and work experience
- Proof of your financial means
- Proof of your health insurance
- Proof of your German language proficiency
The visa application fee is EUR 75. Processing times vary, but it can take several weeks to receive a visa.
Once you arrive in Germany, you will have six months to find a job. If you find a job, you can apply to convert your Job Seeker Visa into a work visa.
Official Websites for the Germany Job Seeker Visa
Make it in Germany – This is the official website of the German government for skilled workers and professionals who are interested in moving to Germany. It has a lot of information about the Job Seeker Visa, including the requirements, how to apply, and what to do after you arrive in Germany.