Government of Cuba Scholarship in Medicine for Pakistani Nationals 2023-2024
The Government of Cuba is offering one undergraduate scholarship in medicine for Pakistani nationals in 2023-2024.
- Applicants must have at least 70% or above marks in F.Sc./A level (Pre-Medical) and 60% or above marks in SSC/Matric (O level).
- Applicants must be between the ages of 18 and 25 as of the closing date of the application.
- Applicants must have a valid USAT-M test score.
The scholarship covers the following expenses:
- Tuition fees
- Hostel accommodation and toiletries
- Food (as per rules of Cuban Government)
- Contribution to living expenses in the form of a stipend
- Round-trip airfare
- Halal food
- Medical insurance
- Living expenses
- Visa fee
The scholarship is funded by the Government of Cuba, so there is no additional financial responsibility on the part of the Higher Education Commission of Pakistan.
- Apply online at the HEC website: https://scholarships.hec.gov.pk/#/auth/login
- After registering and filling your profile, please select “Learning Opportunities Abroad”.
- After submitting the application, get its printed copy to be signed by the applicant.
The HEC online application portal will close on August 31, 2023 at 4:00 PM.
Shortlisted applicants will be required to submit the following documents:
- Copy of HEC application form submitted through Online application portal (duly signed)
- SSC Certificate/DMC/Degree with IBCC attestation OR O-Level Certificate (Science Group) with IBCC equivalence.
- F.Sc. Certificate/DMC/Degree with IBCC attestation OR A-Level Certificate (Pre-Medical) with IBCC equivalence
- Birth Certificate issued by NADRA.
- Father or Guardian’s CNIC copy.
- No Criminal record certificate. (Original)
- Photocopy of valid passport (validity more than 06 months)
- Original Medical Certificate with report of HIV/AIDS issued by Medical Superintendent of District Head Quarter Government Hospital and further attested by Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MoFA).
- Incomplete applications will be rejected.
- After successful completion of the undergraduate degree program in Medicine from Cuba, the candidate will be required to appear in the NEB Examination and must fulfill all the laid down requirements of foreign graduates for registration with the Pakistan Medical and Dental Council (PMDC).
- It is the sole responsibility of the student to first get the accreditation status confirmation from the PMDC before applying for any professional degree (viz. Medical).