Wuhan University of Technology sincerely invite young talents from home and abroad to the 2nd WUT International Young Scholars Forum
WUT International Young Scholars Forum aims at gathering outstanding scholars from home and abroad in Wuhan the River City to promote exchange between talented young scholars and cooperation between different fields of research and actively implement the strategy of constructing the world first-class disciplines and first-class university.
II. Basic Qualifications (Meet one of the following five points)
1. Outstanding young scholars under the age of 40, shall possess a Ph.D. degree granted by prestigious universities at home and abroad, have at least two years’ work experience abroad (those who possessed a Ph.D. degree from abroad with exceptional academic achievements may be exempt from the work experience requirement), and hold formal teaching and researching positions in overseas prestigious universities, institutions or enterprises.
2. Selected ones of National One Thousand Youth Talents Program, National Support Program for Top-notch Young Talents, Cheung Kong Youth Scholars Program, Excellent young scientist fund of NSFC，Candidate entering the review meeting of One Thousand Youth Talents Program.
3. Highly Cited Researchers (released by Thomson Reuters) or Most Cited Chinese Researchers (Elsevier).
4. Applicants have obtained doctorate degree(s) or have Postdoctoral research experience in world famous universities, Age preference is 35 or under, published at least 5 academic papers in top international recognized journals as the first author or corresponding Author Or published academic papers on Science, Nature or Cell.
5. Outstanding and potential young talents who satisfy the conditions of the national talent projects of philosophy and social sciences.
III. Disciplines for Academic Positions
Materials Science and Engineering, Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Instrument Science and Technology, Communication and Transportation Engineering, Civil Engineering, Architecture, Rural and urban planning, Power engineering and engineering Thermo-physics, Mineral Engineering, Safety Science and Engineering, Environmental Science and Engineering, Information and Communication Engineering, Electronics Science and Technology, Computer Science and Technology, Software Engineering, Control Science and Engineering, Master of Electrical Engineering, Pharmaceutical Science, Chemical Engineering and Technology, Bio-medical Engineering, Mechanics, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics, Chemistry, Management Science and Engineering, Science of Business Administration, Applied Economics, Theoretical Economics, Design Science, Arts science theory, Fine Arts, Foreign Languages and Literature, Science of Law, Journalism and Communication, Philosophy, Politics, Marxist Theory, History of Modern China, Education Science, Public Administration, Physical Education.
IV. Application Procedure
1. Submit the application form via the website (http://zhaopin.whut.edu.cn/whltweb/index.jsp) by March 1, 2018. Or download and complete the application form from the website (http://pub2.whut.edu.cn/rshc/show.asp?id=1164) and Send the form with current Curriculum Vitae to the e-mail address (email@example.com) by the date March 1, 2018.
2. Qualified applicants will receive an official invitation letter before the date March 9, 2018.
3. The applicants who intend to attend the forum should reply to
the confirmation note within a week after receiving the invitation letter.
V. Forum Agenda
1. March 29th, 2018 (Thursday) Registration
2. March 30th, 2018 (Friday) Opening Ceremony, Plenary speeches and Invited Speeches
3.March 30th, 2018 (Friday) and March 31st, 2018 (Saturday), Sub-Forums in different fields，campus tour, seminars etc.
4. April 1st, 2018 (Sunday) Departure
VI. Accommodation and Travel Expense Reimbursement
Accommodation will be paid by WUT. Please book your flights after you receive our formal invitation. The host will provide the reimbursement of travel expenses (economy class) for all scholars who are officially invited.
Young scholars from home and abroad are warmly welcome to WUT.
VII. Contact Information
Human Resources Department, Wuhan University of technology
Contact: Ms. Zhu Fan 13871062029(mobile phone number)
Mr. Fang Wei 13407187586(mobile phone number)
Add: No. 122 Luoshi Road, Wuhan, China
Contact Information for WUT’s Recruitment in The United States:
Contact: Ms. Shuman Wen
Address: North Brunswick, New Jersey
Contact Information for WUT’s Recruitment in New Zealand:
Contact Person: Ms. Hui Li
Address: 74 Epsom Avenue, Faculty of Education & Social Work, the University of Auckland, New Zealand