Many of you have probably heard that drying your laundry inside the house is not recommended because the evaporation from the laundry negatively affects our health.
Although he knew that it is not healthy, Craig Mather (43) from Bolton dried his clothes indoors and he ended up with severe lung infection. The lung infection appeared due to mold spores which occured because he dried his clothes on the radiators in his living room.
Following the doctor`s advice, Craig stopped drying the clothes inside for 12 months, and his health was significantly improved.
According to experts, drying washing indoors can seriously harm your health. The evaporation increases the humidity by 30%, crating and ideal environment for spore germination.
Professor David Denning explains: “One bunch of washed clothing contains just about two liters of water that is discharged into the room. Most of us are immune to contamination that develop in these wet conditions, or have a body that can battle the disease.
Moreover, people with AIDS, patients who undergo chemotherapy, or those with autoimmune disease are at risk of pulmonary aspergillosis, caused by fungi. This disease can seriously harm your health, and in certain cases, it may even lead to fatal lung damage. Therefore, experts recommend drying the laundry exclusively outdoors.