University of Engineering and Technology (UET) Lahore M.Sc. Admission Notice 2017
Applications are invited on prescribed forms for Admission to M.Sc Engg. / M.Phil/ Masters Degree programs. All those who are employed shall need to provide a No Objection Certificate (NOC) from their employer. Teaching will take place during evening hours from 5:00 pm to 9:00 pm.
M.Sc. Engg. / M.Phil. /Masters Degree Programs offered by each faculty are stated as under:
Faculty of Electrical Engineering
1. M.Sc. Electrical Engineering
2. M.Sc. Computer Engineering
3. M.Sc. Computer Science
Faculty of Mechanical Engineering
4. M.Sc. Thermal Power Engineering
5. M.Sc. Mechanical Design Engineering
6. M.Sc. Manufacturing Engineering
7. M.Sc. Engineering Management
8. M.Sc. Mechatronics & Control Engineering
9. M.Sc. Energy Engineering
Faculty of Chemical Engineering
10. M.Sc. Chemical Engineering
11. M.Sc. Polymer and Process Engineering
12. M.Sc. Metallurgical & Materials Engineering
Faculty of Earth Sciences and Engineering
13. M.Sc. Mining Engineering
14. M.Sc. Geological Engineering
15. M.Sc. Geological Sciences
16. M.Sc. Petroleum & Gas Engineering
Faculty of Civil Engineering
17. M.Sc. Hydraulics and Irrigation Engineering
18. M.Sc. Geotechnical Engineering
19. M.Sc. Structural Engineering
20. M.Sc. Transportation Engineering
21. M.Sc. Environmental Engineering
22. M.Sc. Integrated Building Design
23. M.Sc. Engineering Hydrology
24. M.Sc. Hydropower Engineering
25. M.Sc. Water Resources Engineering
26. M.Sc. Water Resources Management
Faculty of Architecture & Planning
27. Masters degree in Architecture
28. Masters degree in Product and Industrial Design
29. M.Sc. City & Regional Planning
30. M.Sc. Community Development & Environmental
Faculty of Natural Sciences, Humanities and Islamic Studies
31. M.Phil. Applied Chemistry
32. M.Phil. Applied Mathematics
33. M.Phil. Applied Physics
GENERAL ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
1. For All Programs:
At least 50% marks in GAT conducted by NTS. Candidates who have not appeared in the test till now, may appear in the test being conducted on 4th December 2016 by NTS for UET applicants. For registration and information visit www.nts.org.pk.
2. For Masters Degree Programs (Sr. 1 to 29):
Candidates who have passed PEC/PCATP accredited undergraduate degree in relevant discipline, securing at least 60% marks under annual/ term system OR CGPA 2.5 on the scale of 4 under semester system.
3. For Masters Degree Programs (Sr. 30):
Candidates who have passed their M.A/ M.Sc/ B.Sc (16 years equivalent) degree in the programs listed below securing at least 60% marks under annual/ term system OR a CGPA 2.5 on the scale of 4 under semester system. (a) City and Regional Planning; (b) Architecture; (c) Environmental Engg; (d) Sociology/ Rural Sociology; (e) Geography; (f) Economics; (g) Geographical Info. Systems; (h) Social Work; (i) Transportation Engg.
4. For M.Phil. Degree Programs (Sr. 31 to 33):
Candidates who have passed their 16 years Master’s degree / BS (Four Years) degree by securing minimum 60% marks (in case of Annual/Term Examination System) or a CGPA 2.5 on the scale of 4.00 (in case of Semester System) in the relevant discipline i.e., Mathematics/ Physics/ Chemistry from a HEC recognized University.
Note: Eligibility CGPA on scale other than 4 would be converted accordingly. For example, eligibility CGPA would be 3.125 on a scale of 5. Candidates having result in CGPA as well as percentage would be adjudged on CGPA.
The details of relevant undergraduate disciplines and other eligibility criteria applicable to individual programs are mentioned in the postgraduate prospectus.
FILLING OF APPLICATION FORMS AND AVAILABILITY OF PROSPECTUS
The prospectus will be available at HBL UET Branch, Insha Allah, starting from Monday 28-11-2016. The cost of
prospectus is Rs 300/- and application processing fee is Rs 500/-. Rs 800/- are payable at the time of purchase of the prospectus. Application shall be filled online by logging on to http://admission.uet.edu.pk. Completed application would be printed.
Declaration Form available in the prospectus and the completed application with all necessary attachments will be
submitted to the respective departments from 28-11-2016 to 12-12-2016 during working days (Monday to Friday 8:00
a.m. to 3:30 p.m. excluding break timings).
Note that if a candidate is applying for admission into more than one discipline, he/ she is required to purchase a separate
prospectus for each discipline.
1. Incomplete applications will not be entertained.
2. Applications submitted via courier/ mail will not be entertained.
Availability of prospectus Monday: 28-11-2016
Last date/ time for receipt of applications: Monday: 12-12-2016, 3:30 pm
Convener Admission Committee
Ph. # (042) 99029216, 99029452